Monday, February 27, 2017

To My "Family" in the Rogue Valley Theatre Scene




To My "Family" in the Rogue Valley Theatre Scene:

Part of me wishes I could stay with you forever---
Each time I am with you I experience all of our moments in one heartbeat,
The late night rehearsals, the friendship bonds built alongside the stories and characters we created for the stage, the euphoria of the exhilarating high of a strong performance, the heart break of the last show---
Each time I step into that place we forever made sacred, each time my eyes meet yours, I long to stay here with you forever---
But even as my heart yearns for, beckons for you, my body and soul are turning, turning, turning--
I must be off to new adventures, new places to see, new faces to carve out a place in my heart alongside yours, where it will forever remain
New places, new faces
To stand on new stages becoming sacred homes, I am a rolling stone, I gather no moss
I turn to you, my fingers reaching out for your hands to cling to a memory as they slip from your grasp---
I am proud of you, proud for you, proud with you
I love you, am grateful for you, each face, each moment---
I am running to you, as you fade from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment