Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Nate & Laura & How They Met


Act Four, Scene Two

Interior: Kiyah's living room, Early morning.

(Sound of loud knocking on front door. Kiyah, Samantha, and Laura emerge from bedrooms, half awake, in pajamas, confused.)

KIYAH

What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with you people?

ASHLEY

(from outside front door)

Let me in, its Ashley.

(Kiyah, Laura, Samantha move to front door, open it.)

POV: Ashley

KIYAH

Ashley, what the hell? Is something wrong?

POV: Kiyah, Laura, Samantha

ASHLEY

Yes, something is wrong. Something is very wrong.  Nate is wrong, he is very wrong. He's a fucking bastard is what he is.

LAURA

Nate is?

SAMANTHA

Laura's Nate?

ASHLEY

Yes, Nate is. And, what do you mean, Laura's Nate?

KIYAH

Yeah, what do you mean, Laura's Nate?

LAURA

Hey, coffee, kitchen, now.

Interior: Kiyah's kitchen.  The girls sit around dining room table, drinking coffee.

ASHLEY

So, I just woke up and his phone was ringing, I didn't know what it was, but I answered it--

KIYAH

Wait, you spent the night at his house?

ASHLEY

Yeah...

KIYAH

Lucy's guest-house? With the kids close by?

ASHLEY

Um, yeah, the same.

KIYAH

Did you guys, you know?

ASHLEY

What the fuck, Kiyah, try to keep up!

KIYAH

How long was that a thing? Why didn't I know?

ASHLEY

We weren't really broadcasting anything, but still--

LAURA

So, why is he a fucking asshole?

ASHLEY

His girlfriend called, on the phone, this morning.  With me in his bed.

SAMANTHA

Girlfriend?!?!

LAURA

Jessica?

SAMANTHA and Kiyah

Whose Jessica?

ASHLEY

You knew about Jessica?

LAURA

He said they were broken up.

ASHLEY

Not according to her and the phone call this morning!

LAURA

He was very convincing...

SAMANTHA

However so?

KIYAH

Wait, my head is spinning, its way early.  So, Nate, who I like, has a girlfriend and Ashley was sleeping with him and somehow he's still Laura's Nate--

LAURA

He's NOT my Nate!

KIYAH

Right.

ASHLEY

He's Jessica's Nate.

SAMANTHA

Not for long.  He's an asshole, a first rate asshole. I say, we boycott the loser.

ASHLEY

What about the webseries?

SAMANTHA

Actors are a dime a dozen.  We'll find a replacement, a better one.  Trust me.

ASHLEY

So, no more Nate.

SAMANTHA

Yeah, speaking of, that guy I met at the Farmer's Market, also a Nate...never called me! And, I thought he was way into me!

LAURA

Screw all the Nates! Pray the Nates away!

ALL GIRLS

Pray the Nates Away!

(They raise coffee mugs in a toast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment