Saturday, June 13, 2015

Boy Meets Transgender Girl


Netflix is amazing, truly!  I don't know why it took me so long to sign-up for this gem of mainstream media because I have stumbled across many a high quality and interesting production.  Today's blog review is more than the exception.   The movie, Boy Meets Girl, is about a young transgender woman, Ricky, growing up in a small Southern town.

I've long since been a firm supporter in the transgender community, not in the least because I have some dear friends who profess, such as the infamous Jackie Pollock, but because of my own decision to change myself based on who I am inside.

Not only did the movie fall into the popular romantic comedy genre, it took it to another level when dealing with the issue of transgender identity, being true to oneself, following one's dreams, and the desire we all have to find true love.  The film was funny, poignant, dramatic, and told the truthful story of a transgender's hardships to be true to themselves without compromise and with integrity.
It showed me just how hard and painful that road can be and further deepened my support for those in this community, as well as all people who struggle with being proud of and true to themselves.

Watch "Boy Meets Girl" on Netflix starring Michael Galante and Michelle Hendley.  You won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment