Saturday, September 28, 2013

We are not powerless but overcomers!

I was thinking the other day (in fact, frequently) about how we are always, without being consciously aware, giving away our power---in so many ways, whether its obsessing over some past wound an old friend, flame, or foe has caused; whether it was knowingly or unknowingly it is the point that we still allow that scar to affect us, even though it is truly in the past, if we leave it there (which we don't) by obsessing over what was, not truly realizing there is no reason to do so since we have no real way to change, save to truly let it go.

And I think also we give away our power by our use of words.  I frequently find myself using the word "Sorry" when I have no real reason to apologize, for example, if i accidentally bump into someone, the better wording would be "excuse me".

So from now on, in order to perserve my "power" and "energy" and thus maintain my strength, confidence, and purpose, I will make a concerted effort to use the correct wording of "excuse me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment