Thursday, December 21, 2017



EPISODE Three

Act One, Scene One

Interior: Kiyah's boutique

(Samantha, Kiyah, and Laura are busying themselves with work. Ashley enters, with an air of sarcasm about her.)

KIYAH

Oh, hey Ashley.

(She heads to the backroom.  Samantha crosses to Ashley.)

Samantha

So, what is it? What's the news?

ASHLEY

The news? Oh, yeah, I'm not.  Not preggo.

Samantha

Congratulations.

Laura

Well, that is good news.

KIYAH

(calling from the back room)

What's good news?

(Ashley, Laura, and Samantha look at each other searching for some story to tell her, not the truth. Kiyah enters from the backroom carrying her purse and a briefcase.)

Well, is anyone going to answer me?

ASHLEY

So, like, I had a wee bit of a scare of sorts.

KIYAH

A scare? What the hell?

Samantha

Now, don't get your panties in a bunch, not that kind of a scare.

LAURA

What the hell, Sam, panties in a bunch?

(Samantha shrugs.)

ASHLEY

So, I thought I was preggo.  But, I'm not.

KIYAH

Pregnant? Really? Who did you think the Dad was? Oh wait, no, you didn't think it was...

ASHLEY

Nate? Yeah, why does everyone keep asking that? Am I that much of a slut?

Samantha

You're not a slut. I hate that word.

ASHLEY

This coming from you.  No matter you were so passive about--

Samantha

About what? Brian's indescritions.  Yeah, well.

KIYAH

Wait, will you all just be quiet for a minute? So, Ashley thought she was pregnant, PREGNANT, with Nate's kid and he's still what, Laura's nate?

Samantha

Laura's Nate? See he is your Nate, Laura? Its official.

Laura

Ha. Don't know about that.

ASHLEY

Why not? He's free and single. I'm...done with him.  And, anyway, you both are so cute together, like you just fit. You make sense.

Laura

We make sense?

Samantha

Yeah, you make sense.

KIYAH

Listen, I can't process all this right now.  I got to get to the courthouse and pick up paperwork, ie divorce papers.  Shit, more to process. FML! Well, let's get over this.

Samantha

You gonna be okay?

KIYAH

Yeah, but I'll probably need a swift drink afterwards.

Samantha

You got it.  Bye, hon.

KIYAH

Thanks, love.

(She exits.)

Samantha

(looking at her phone.)

You had a break yet, Laura?

LAUra

No, and I was going to meet Scott for coffee.

Samantha

Oh, right, yeah.  You gonna say yes?

ASHLEY

Oh, that's right.  Scott popped the big one.

Samantha

That makes it sound like he popped a zit.

LAURA

I'm a zit now.  Well, its how I feel, about to burst from all this crap and stress.

Samantha

Gross.  Can't you think of a better analogy?

LAUra

Can I just go and get this over with?

Samantha

Love you, my friend.

ASHLEY

You've got this, girl.

(Laura heads to the back, grabs her purse, and exits store.)

So, Sam, do you remember, you remember the guy that lived next door to Kiyah for awhile, like last summer, when I was working there?

Samantha

Oh wait, yeah, like Nick or Noah or something, what was it?

ASHLEY

Nate.  Nate Campbell.

Samantha

Yeah, what about him?

ASHLEY

He's back.

Samantha

Yeah, so.  Wait, you're not, you don't like him or something, do you? Isn't he married?

ASHLEY

Well, no, not anymore.  They're splitsville, he told me yesterday when I saw him.  And, yeah, kinda.

Samantha

Kinda?

ASHLEY

So, last summer when I was nannying, Nate would come over and we'd talk and stuff.  He had trouble with his wife even then.  We didn't always talk about that though.  We'd just hang out and talk about life, philosophy, what we wanted to be when we grew up, play games with the kids, video games when they were asleep. It was nice.

Samantha

Okay.  So, he's back?

ASHLEY

And single.

Samantha

And, you like him, kinda?

ASHLEY

Kinda yeah.  I don't know what he thinks of me. And, besides, I'm leaving soon, right?

Samantha

Let me ask you this.  Do you hear bells when he's around?

ASHLEY

Bells?

Samantha

Like yeah.  Laura hears a bell whenever she sees her Nate and when I met my Nate, I heard a bell.  And even way back in the day with...with Brian.

ASHLEY

Really? With Brian?

Samantha

Yeah, funny, huh? Anyway, do you hear bells?

ASHLEY

Yeah, I mean, its more like an alarm, like a wake-up call.

Samantha

So, I think you need to see what that's all about. And, who knows, if its meant to be, it'll work out somehow, even if you leave.

ASHLEY

If? I am.  But, yeah, I get you.  I guess I'll try.

Samantha

Good girl.

ASHLEY

How about you? How are things with...everything?

Samantha

They are.  I'll figure them out, sorta.  I always do.

ASHLEY

Yeah, you do.  Just don't try to take things on all by yourself. You've got help.

Samantha

Thanks.

(Ashley starts to leave, then turns back.)

ASHLEY

You know, I just thought of something? I've partied and played that game for so long it seems now. Gone from guy to guy, or whatever.  Maybe its time to start running and just look.

Samantha

Look? Look at what?

ASHLEY

Myself.

Fade out.

Fade in:

Interior: Busy Coffee House

(Laura enters and approaches counter. Barista, the same from the Farmer's Market, approaches.)

Barista

Hi! Good to see you!

LAUra

Oh, its you, from the market.  I didn't know you worked here too.

BARISTA

Yeah, I love coffee.  Actually, it pays more here.  But, yeah, I do love coffee.

LAURA

Well, that's good considering.

BARISTA

That guy you're always with around?

LAura

Nate? No, he's not.  I'm actually here to meet my ex.  I don't know why I just told you that.

BARISTA

People are always doing that, opening up to me, just randomly.  Guess I have one of those faces? Your ex, huh? Gonna be one of those conversations?

LAura

One of those?

BARIsta

You know, like, "Hi, so how are you doing? I miss you.  Its just not going to work out anymore".  Blah, blah, blah.

LAURA

Something like that, I guess.

BARIsta

Well, best of luck to you.  Hey, how about a latte on the house? Shh, don't tell.

Laura

I won't.  And, thank you. What's your name by the way?

BARISTA

Its Brittany, bitch!

LAURA

Ha, ha. Nice!

(Scott enters.  Laura doesn't see him enter.  He crosses behind Laura and touches her shoulder.)

SCOTT

Heya, Laura.

LAUra

Hi, Scott.

SCOTT

Just a coffee please.

BARISTA

Sure thing.

(She gets it and lays it on the counter.)

That'll be 2.50.

SCOTT

Three dollars.  Keep the change.  Merry Christmas or whatever.

BARISTA

Thanks! Your latte will be ready in a minute, okay?

LAUra

Great.

SCOTT

Shall we sit down?

Cut to: Scott and Laura at a table, coffee in front of them.

Scott

So, have you thought about my, uh, question?

LAURA

Yeah.

SCOTT

And?

(Laura takes ring box out of her pocket and sets it before him on table.)

Does that mean?

Laura

I can't marry you, Scott.

Scott

I see.

LAURA

Its not that I don't love you.  We had some good times, especially in the beginning.  Remember, how we met?

SCOTT

You used to come into the bar where I played.  I thought you really liked the music because you came every night until one of the other guys pointed it out to me.  I can be kinda slow.

LAUra

Yeah, you can.

Scott

Hey, there.

LAURA

Look, Scott, we had such big dreams back then, you know, both of us.  What happened to that? We lost it all, we got passive, stagnant.

Scott

Stagnant.

LAURA

Yeah, just coasting along on your daddy's money.  Not that I'm not grateful for it, but that's not what life is about.  It can be kinda numbing.

Scott

I know, I know.  I've seen my mum.

Laura

Yeah, and I don't want to end up like that.  And, I don't think, deep down, neither do you.

Scott

Well, it doesn't have to be that way, then. I'll get the band back together, we'll go on tour, make lots of money, you and I together. Just like we always wanted...

LAURA

No, Scott, we can't.

(She pushes the ringbox closer to him.)

I'm sorry, I really am.

(Scott picks up ringbox and looks at it.)

SCOTT

I'm not, Laura.  I'll never forget...you.

LAURA

I should get back to work.

(Laura stands, takes a few steps.)

SCOTT

I'll always love you, Laura.

LAURA

Me too.

Fade out.

fade in.

Interior: Kiyah's boutique.

(Samantha is folding clothes, her phone is on the counter next to her.  It rings.)

SAMANTHA

Hello?

Caller

Hi, is that Samantha Stirling?

SAMANTHA

Yeah, the same.  This is

CALLER

Randi!!  Do you remember me, from camp? High School?

SAMANTHA

Oh my god, yeah.

CALLER

Where have you been? We've all been trying to reach you.

SAMANTHA

Just busy, working.  Raising my kid.

CALLER

A kid?

SAMANTha

Yeah, my son, Heath.  He's amazing.  So, you were trying to find me?

CALLER

Yeah, dude, there's a litle reunion retreat this weekend at camp, can you believe it? Almost everyone is going to be there. There's a speaker and everything.  Steve found him.  He's all about finding your calling, seizing your destiny and all that crap.  We sent out invites ages ago but no one could find you, until now.

SAMANTHA

Until now.

CALLER

So, you want to come? Can you come? Sorry, its last minute.

SAMANTHA

I mean, I guess I could find someone to watch the kid and cover my shift.  Can I let you know in a day or so?

CALLER

Yeah, I can email you the info.  What's your email?

Samantha

samantha@yahoo.com

CALLER

Well, that's easy enough.  And, its sent.

SAMANTHA

Thanks, Randi.

CALLER

No problem.  Its so good to hear your voice.  Its been too long.  I hope to see you very soon.

SAMANTHA

Me too.  Maybe this is just what I needed.

Fade out.

ACT ONE, SCENE TWO

Exterior: Kiyah's backyard

(Kiyah sits on her backporch, tea mug in hand, paperwork on her lap. She stares straight ahead.  Nate2 exits granny unit.)

KIYAH

Wait a minute, who the hell are you?

NATE2

I'm, uh, Nate.

KIYAH

Wait, what?

NATE2

Ha. Another one.

KIYAH

Where's the other...the manny?

NATE2

With the kids, duh.  He said I could crash here and leave whenever I got up.  We met last night at Romis.

KIYAH

At Romis? He's not, you're not? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

NATE2

Wait, no, no.  Not like that.  I crashed on his couch.  Thank you very much.

KIYAH

Oh.

NATE2

So, you must be Kira--

KIYAH

Kiyah.

NATE2

Right, Kiyah.  Nate and, well, Nate next door were telling me aobut you.

KIYAH

I never thought I'd meet so many freaking Nates in my life and all at once.

NATE2

Yeah.  Its a common name.

KIYAH

Sure is.

NATE2

Hey, are you okay?

KIYAH

Sorta, kinda...not.

NATE2

(walking towards her.)

Yeah.  You need someone to talk? I mean, I know we just met but sometimes strangers are the best listeners.

KIYAH

You are a stranger, huh?

NATE2

Well, I'm strange.

KIYAH

Have a seat, Nate.

(He sits next to her.)

NATE2

What's that in your lap? Ah, divorce papers.  Sorry.

KIYAH

You know what these are? I thought someone as young as you--

NATE2

My moms got divorced from my stepdad about a year ago.

KIYAH

Sorry to hear that.

NATE2

I'm not.  He was a real bastard.  He was hitting her and stuff. I hope the fucker rots in hell.

KIYAH

Yeah, sure.

NATE2

I was with her a lot then. Support, you know.

KIYAH

I'm sure she really appreciated it.  Everyone's really been supportive here too, my friends, my mom, Nate the manny, even my kids.

NATE2

I'm glad you have them.

KIYAH

Me too.

NATE2

So, what, you have to sign them?

KIYAH

Yeah.  I'm just having trouble, getting up the courage, I guess.  That sounds stupid, I know.

NATE2

No, I don't think it does.

KIYAH

Yeah? It just feels so final,  you know.

NATE2

Yeah, I do know. Well, it is. But, if its meant to be over, then it has to be.  If not, maybe you will get back together again.

KIYAH

I don't know about that.  But, I look at this and I think about my life, with him. And, all that we created.  Our two kids.  And, to think that it'll be over, just with a signature.

Nate2

Yeah.

KIYAH

He swept me off my feet, promised me so much.  He's older than me by a bit.  I thought he was my knight in shining armor and all that, I was so naive.  He was anything but.  Like your stepdad.

NATE2

Well, that's that then. Sign away.

KIYAH

I know I should, but I still can't.  Its like I'm letting go of a dream.

NATE2

Yeah but, I think you have to let go of one dream, in order to discover new ones.

KIYAH

Deep.  Thanks, Nate the Stranger.

NATE2

Nate the stranger.  Nate the manny.  Nate the neighbor.

KIYAH

Yeah, I guess so.  But seriously, you were right.  Talking to someone I don't really know helped a lot.  I do hope there are other dreams out there for me.

NATE2

There are.

KIYAH

What about you, Nate the stranger?

Nate2

What about me?

KIYAH

You got dreams?

NATE2

Yeah, I'm gonna be a big star!

KIYAH

Nice.

NATE2

Yeah, I just started seeing this girl..Sa...she's pretty awesome. I really like her but--

KIYAH

But?

NATE2

She's got this kid, you know, and I just don't know if I'm ready to---

KIYAH

To, what, be a dad? That's jumping the gun a bit, huh, I mean you just met her?

NATE2

Well, maybe not a dad but you know be an example or whatever.  I'm just not ready.  I'm not even sure if I want kids at all someday.

KIYAH

I see.

NATE2

I mean, its like everything society dictates, go to college, graduate, get the job, find a little woman, get married, a mortgage, have the 2.5 kids...the American dream.  But, what if that isn't my dream after all, you know?

KIYAH

Yeah.  By the way, this girl wouldn't happen to be Samantha?

NATE2

Yeah.

KIYAH

Well, Heath is pretty amazing.

NATE2

Yeah, and so is she.

KIYAH

Yeah, she is that. So, what are you going to do?

NATE2

I think I know what I have to do.  And, it isn't going to be easy.

KIYAH

Yeah, you got to do the right thing, for you.

NATE2

Yeah.  For me.

KIYAH

You know, Nate, the stranger, I should really hate your guts.  But, I don't.

NATE2

Thanks.

KIYAH

You seem like a really good guy.  And, don't worry too much about Sam, she'll be all right.  I'll make sure of it.

NATE2

Thanks.  That kinda makes me feel better.

KIYAH

Well, one good turn deserves another.

Cut to:

Interior: Cafeteria/diner

(Ashley sits at a table, lunch in front of her.  Nate3 approaches her. She smiles up at him.)

NATE3

Hi, Ashley.

ASHLEY

Hey.

NATE3

(sitting)

I was really glad to get your message. To hear from you.

ASHLEY

I'm really glad you showed up.  Its good to see you again.

NATE3

Really?

ASHLEY

Yeah, really really good.

NATE3

Same. So, what's new with you?

ASHLEY

Well, I'm graduating soon.  Like in a few weeks soon. God, it just hit me again.

NATE3

Yeah. And, then what?

ASHLEY

Well, get a job, see the world.

NATE3

Which one?

ASHLEY

Both.

NATE3

I'd like to--

ASHLEY

What?

NATE3

See the world--

ASHLEY

With me?

NATE3

Yeah.

ASHLEY

Okay, then.

NATE3

Okay.

(Ashley holds up her drink.)

ASHLEY

To seeing the world!

NATE3

To the adventure!

(He holds up his empty hand.)

ASHLEY

To the adventure!

NATE3

To us.

ASHLEY

(hesitating, and then warmly)

To us!

Fade out.

Fade in:

Exterior: Street

(Laura walks down the street, carrying go-coffee cup.  She pulls out her phone, starts texting.)

Text: Hey, Nate.  Sorry about last night.

Text: Laura, Hi! Good to hear from you. It's okay.

Text: Do over?

Text: Yeah, dinner tonight?

Text: I can do that.

Text: 7 pm? My place?

Text: See you then.

Close up: Laura's face, smiling.

ACT ONE, SCENE THREE

Interior: Samantha and Laura's living room, evening

(Samantha sits on couch, drinking a glass of wine.  She alternates looking at her email on her phone and back at the picture of Heath's drawing.  Sounds of Heath playing in the background are heard.  The sound of rain on the roof. Samantha's phone rings.)

SAMANTHA

Hello?

NATE2

Hey, Sam.  Its Nate.

SAMANTHA

Hi, Nate.

NATE2

Yeah, um, any chance we could meet up? Maybe I could come over.

SAMANTHA

Not now.  The ex is coming over, we have to...talk. What's up?

NATE2

Its just...I didn't want to do this over the phone.

SAMANTha

Oh, shit.

NATE2

I'm sorry.

SAMANTHA

Out with it, kid.

NATE2

Okay, okay. Its just, you're great and all, really great.  I have a lot of fun with you but....

SAMANTha

But?

NATE2

But, its the kid thing.  I mean he seems really great, but I'm just, I'm just not father material.  I know, I know, we aren't there yet, but what if we got there and I just...I just can't, Sam.

SAMANTha

I see.

NATE2

I am really sorry.

SAMANTha

I understand.

NATE2

You do?

SAMANTHA

Well, no, it really fucking sucks.  But, I'll be okay, I guess.

NATE2

Friends, maybe someday?

SAMANTHA

Maybe someday, yeah.  See you around, Nate.

NATE2

Bye.

(She hangs up.  There is a knock at the door.)

SAMANTHA

Come in.

(Brian enters.)

Hi, Brian.

BRIAN

You wanted to see me?

SAMANTha

Yeah, sit down.  We need to talk.

(Brian sits on the couch, next to Samantha, awkward pause.)

This drawing is amazing.

BRIAN

Finest artwork ever? Guess I have a hidden talent after all.  Maybe I'll quit the auto repair business. Heath and I can be the next Michelango and Picasso!

SAMANTHA

Funny, but I'm serious.  It's amazing. You remember what his first word was?

BRIAN

Um, milk, right? Like, he wanted your boobies?

SAMANTHA

Um, no, actually.

BRIAN

I don't fault him that.

SAMANTHA

Oh, shut up.

BRIAN

You got nice ones, I never told you that enough.

SAMANTHA

Thank you.

BRIAN

I'm thinking the whole town's first word was--

SAMANTHA

Quit it.

BRIAN

Boobies.

SAMANTHA

Shut it. No, listen.  It wasn't...boobies...it was Dada.

BRIAN

Wait, really? Yeah, you're right it was.

SAMANTHA

You're a really good dad, Brian.  I'll give you that.

BRIAN

Well, gee, thanks.

SAMANTHA

You stuck around all this time.  I mean, you and I were basically a hook up, got together like three times, maybe a month and then I was preggo.  You just stayed all this time, we barely knew each other and we have this kid. This amazing little guy.

BRIAN

He's a riot.

SAMANTHA

Hilarious, right?

Brian

Yeah.

SAMANTHA

I'm sorry I said I'd take him away from you.  I wouldn't want anyone to say that to me.

BRIAN

It's all right.  You were upset.  I'd be too if...I caught you.  I'm sorry I dicked around so much.

SAMANTHA

Well, we never were really anything, you know, but we were really good parents, right?

Brian

Yeah.

SAMANTHA

So, co-parents?

BRIAN

Friends.

SAMANTHA

Maybe...someday, we'll work on it. For now--

BRIAN

Co-parents.  The best we can be.

Samantha

Yeah, let's talk it out.  For the good of the kid, okay? No matter what?

BRIAN

No matter what.

SAMANTHA

You know who called me today? Randi, my old friend from camp?

BRIAN

Oh, yeah.  What did she want?

SAMANTHA

There's this reunion retreat thing this weekend? They couldn't find me and then finally she did.

BRIAN

You want to go? I'll watch the kid.

SAMANTHA

You would do that for me?

BRIAN

Co-parenting, remember?

SAMANTha

Yeah.  There's this speaker too.  All about finding and following your purpose.  Sounds like just what I need.  You know, I mean, besides being a mom, I never really knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I have the boutique, but that's more because I wanted to help Kiyah, its more Kiyah's baby, yeah?

BRIAN

Then, I think you need to go.

SAMANTHA

Yeah, you really think so?

BRIAN

Yeah, just do it, okay?

CUTAWAY: Kiyah, feeding her two boys, laughing, playing with them, tickling them.  She stands back and smiles, peacefully. she turns to counter, to divorce papers, picks up a pen, and signs.

Cutaway: Ashley and Nate3 sitting in bed together.  Before them is a piece of paper with the words "Seattle", "New York", "Los Angeles" written on it.  They close their eyes and point randomly together.  Opening them, they discover they both have pointed to Seattle.  They smile and nod at each other, kiss.

Cutaway: Samantha, on phone.

SAMANTHA

Hey, Randi, its me, Sam.  I want to come this weekend, I can make it. Sign me up.

(Music swells, Sam puts the phone on her chest, leans back and smiles.)

Fade out.

Fade into:

Interior: Nate's living room.

(He's got a table set with candles, wine glasses.  He comes out of the bedroom, dressed in his best clothes.  He busies himself in the kitchen, pets Doodle.  There is a knock at the door. There is an air of excitement and nervousness about him.)

NATE

Already?

(He goes to the door, opens it.)

Hello, Laura!

(Jessica stands on the doorstep, she holds a cat carrier on one hand, a large purse in the other.)

Jessica?

JESSICA

Hi, Nate.  How are you? Whose Laura?

NATE

Um...

JESSICA

Can I come in? Its starting to come down hard.

Nate

Yeah, sure, whatever.

(She enters the living room.)

Interior: Nate's living room.

What are you doing here anyway?

JESSICA

That's how you greet me.  I came all this way, Francine and I.

NATE

You didn't have to--

JESSICA

No, I did.  I had to--

(There is another knock at the door.)

Make it right.  You want me to answer that?

Nate

No.

(Nate opens the door.)

Hi, Laura.

(Laura, entering.  She's dressed nicely.)

LAURA

Hi, Nate.  How are you? Oh, whose this?

JESSICA

I'm Jessica, you are?

Laura

Jessica? Jessica. What's Jessica doing here?

Jessica

I could ask the same thing of you.

LAUra

Look, I don't know what's going on here, Nate, but---

NATE

She just showed up here, Laura.  I didn't know she was coming or anything.

LAURA

Well, maybe I should just go.

NATE

No, Jessica isn't--

JESSICA

I'm not?

NATE

What?

Jessica

What?

LAUra

Well, I'm going. That's all.

Nate

Laura, wait.

(Laura walks out the door. Nate turns resolutely to Jessica.  Jessica looks at him, long pause.)

Jessica

I came here, all this way, Francine and I, to win you back.  I was going to have this epic tearful apology where I won you back with promises of never ever again.  But, on the way here, I kept thinking about...change. It's inevitable, you know.  I mean, it looks like you are already starting to fit in here.

NATE

Maybe, yeah.

Jessica

And, its just that, I thought you and I were good together, and we were, once upon a time, but you know what I just realized? I can be by myself, I have been this last month and I've been okay.  I've managed, I've more than managed.

Nate

I'm glad.

Jessica

You are?

Nate

Yeah.  I really am.

Jessica

Thanks. And, I just saw you with...with...her---

Nate

Laura.

Jessica

Laura.  Yeah, I saw you two and even in that short amount of time, I saw something, a connection.

Nate

Really?

Jessica

Yeah.  Go after her, Nate, you need to go after her.

Nate

Wait, Jessica, are you serious? You can't be serious?

jessica

Yes, I am serious.  Its gonna be like an epic romantic movie scene, like the ones I used to make you watch all the time.  Like the Notebook and shit like that.  The rain coming down, you running and then a big tearful pleading monologue.  Epic.

Nate

You really think?

Jessica

Yeah.  You better go now before I change my mind.

Nate

Will you be okay?

Jessica

Yes. Yes, I will.  Francine and I will find a hotel.  Ha, the first time I've ever done that myself.  Wow.

Nate

Okay.

jessica

So, go have your epic rain romantic movie monologue scene, all right? Just do it.

Nate

Okay.

Jessica

You don't mind if I have a bit of this food? I'm fucking famished.

Nate

Yeah sure.

Cut to: Laura walking in the rain, alone, crying, Nate running behind her.

Nate

LAURA! LAURA! WAIT!

(Laura turns, stops, hesitates, thinks about moving again. Nate runs up to her. They are both drenched.)

LAURA

What the hell do you want? Leave me alone.

NATE

Laura, wait, please.

LAURA

I can't take it anymore, its too much for me.  Love is...it sucks.  Its always like this, I fall for someone and then its all a lie.

NATE

Laura, please, listen.  I didn't know she was coming and she...she...she told me to come after you.  Really, she's not staying.  She's a good girl but its over between us.  Look, Laura, I'm scared too, I don't understand what it is between us, all I know is that, I need to know more and more...I need you, Laura, I really need you.

(Laura hesitates.)

Pov: Laura, Nate's softly crying, pleading

LAURA

(extends her hand)

Walk with me.

Close Up: Laura's hand, Nate takes it.

Nate

Yeah, anywhere.

3/4: Laura touches his face with other hand, kisses him softly.

(Laura pulls away and they smile at each other, walk hand in hand in the rain.)

Pan: camera away as they continue walking

Credits.




No comments:

Post a Comment