Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Way God Works

The first time I saw Anthony he was this cool cat, that probably was part a party animal I can only presume, who worked at Starbucks.  He walked in and all the girls swooned and tried to get his attention.  He didn't make my heart go pitter patter, but he did have an influence.

Over the years, I would see "that guy" around town, he just kept reappearing every where I went, at the Boys and Girls club, or just different places, and for some reason, in some small way, my prayers and eyes were on him.  Maybe it was the Lord through me saying, "this one I'm marking for greatness for me" and now I believe so.

So, in June 2010, when I walked into Hope Chapel Healdsburg, I met him for the first time and found out that he had given his life to the Lord, it was like an answer to prayer, like a moment of completion.

And, as we spent sometime together, in bible studies and such, I learned what a teachable heart he has and an ability to teach.  Watching his joy grow and watching him fall more and more madly in love with the Lord brought such warmth to my heart after years of seeing the turmoil on his heart, even the skance awareness of him, I could see that.  There was real joy and peace in his heart now, and it was infectious.

Anthony, a day early, I write to you many birthday wishes.  That the grace and peace of the Lord will be upon you this day and this year.  That he will strengthen you to fight the good fight, to remain pure in all your thoughts and emotions, and to serve the Lord with a zeal that burns an undying passion.

Memories are always flooding back of hearing you in worship, or sitting beside you, or praying with you....I miss you and long to see you, but know this, dear Anthony, we are connected by the Holy Spirit, and that my true brother is unbreakable.

Grace, peace, and love be multiplied to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment