Monday, May 30, 2022

The Trenches Of Intention

 


With the recent upheaval of the world about us, I often hear a myriad of angry complaining both on and offline.  Now, I am all for allowing ourselvs to become angry as long as that ire arouses action unto change, but all too often, that irksome manner lends itself to stagnancy out of the fears of hopelessness, of feeling that nothing will ever get better or even change.  

Now, I understand and have empathy for that, surely I do, but I have come to the realization that the only one who can truly effect change in our personal lives as well as the collective begins within.  For myself personally, I have become able to impact change and action from personal adverse strife through actively taking life one step at a time.  



I have shared before at the beginning of each month I create a vision board and while the intentions on the board overlap from the previous I find myself, yet seemingly slowly, and then in a burst of a rush, an intention drops off which I have attained and accomplished.  

At times the path to reach the intentions seems to drag onwards, the goal to obtain seems endlessly out of reach, but putting my eye on envisioning my intention reached, helps me ever to take the small steps needed to reach the final destination.  As a soldier diligently slugs through the trenches of his duties, so to I often find myself in my own trenches of intention, working steadily, slowly, but dutifully faithful in with the mindset to achieve the victory of accomplishment.  



The intentions set vary from finishing a good book, to putting the finalizing touches on a video project or screenplay, or even cleaning the house.  They range from the daily, the weekly, monthly, or further.  No matter, each are set forth with the same steady progess, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.  


For that is all we can do, we cannot push time forward hurriedly and racing to accomplish will only detract from the true joy of living in the moment, enjoying the process of being.  

Today, dear reader, as you progress through your life, remember to take one step at a time, one foot in front of the other, enjoy how the earth feels beneath you, steady and sure, providing all that is needed for each moment. Thereby, those intentions and dreams you envision will someday soon be attained.





No comments:

Post a Comment