Saturday, March 8, 2014

Medea, Medea, I just met a girl named Medea...

...And suddenly that name will never be the same...

My name is Helena, a townswoman with 6 children at home and a husband too ill to work.  Because of this, I am over-worked, worn-out, tired, and hopeless.

My one relief is my visits with Jason, Medea's husband.  Indeed, some of my children might be of his lineage, but keep that between us.

I am constantly in fear of Medea's rage since I am a slave of the bed with her husband and so to perserve my life from her homicidal thoughts I seek to appease at all times.

Come see me and my fellow townswomen this weekend and next in Ashland Contemporary Theatre's 7 Shorts of Christopher Durang.  The show runs March 7th - March 9th at Ashland Community Center and the following weekend, March 14th-March16th at Grizzly Peak Winery, in Ashland.  Show starts at 8 pm, with two intermissions.  Doors open at 7:30.


The show is directed by Evalyn Hansen.  Medea stars Jeannine Grizzard as Medea, David DeMoss as Jason the argonaut, Richard Royce as the Deux Es Machina, and Krystal Brewer, Mabree Owens, and myself as the Chorus.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1381952225412994/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment