Saturday, February 8, 2014

Boobies!

My name is Barbara Jenkins.  I am 34 years old and in the sexual prime of my life, that said, I also have a flair and need for adventure.  (I mean, come on, I work as a legal assistant, which some call, a "glorified secretary".)

Just newly divorced and recently single again for the first time and along time, I am ready to begin again at last, dive into the world of the dating scene again.  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

After a hectic day at work,  I'm really in need of a stiff drink.  Stopping at nearby bar on my way home, I run into Bart, an old flame from my roaring twenties, pre-the disastrous marriage.  Bart, a guy I never quite got over.  After a romantic rendevue weekend, I agree to head off with Bart on an adventure to the Galapagos Islands, with visions of warm, sunny beaches with white sand and clear blue water, palm trees, and pina coladas.  Not to mention the big S-word; its been a very long while!

I had some vacay hours stored up so off I went!  Condoms packed!

What I got when we arrived was not what I had bargained for, for one thing, Bart immediately forgot my name, thinking I was some chick named Michelle.  Heartbroken and crestfallen I was with the realization that I wasn't as special to him as he was to me.  Bummer, you win some, you lose some in the game of love!

That was only the first dissappointment and not even the worst; there were no sunny beaches or pina coladas, and the biggest blow...NO SEX!!!



Find out what happens next Saturday, February 15th and Sunday 16th at Paschal Winery in Talent, Oregon.

http://www.paschalwinery.com/

Barbara is based on a character from a short play, Boobies, written by the lovely Diane Nichols, a local Ashland playwright.  In her spare time, she doubles as a daffodil.

https://www.facebook.com/events/703614122993149/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment